Bee a Beekeeper!
One of our British beekeepers is looking for some help for the 2018 beekeeping season and we thought of the perfect person for the position, YOU!
The beekeeper/beekeeping assistant is for the 2018 beekeeping season.
This will run from mid April until mid July (or later by agreement)
The position will assist in the management, care and evaluation of bee colonies as well as work in the Bee shed.
The position is suitable for someone based in the Northamptonshire area, as you will be working primarily in Brackley.
Responsibilities of the Beekeeper include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with beehives to produce honey and pollinate crops.
- Collect and extract honey.
- Transport hives to/ from various locations
- Inspect hives to ensure health of bees and treat them for disease/ parasites.
- Build and maintain hives
Requirements for the position include:
- Being able to receive instruction and complete assigned tasks.
- Work with confidence around bees, not allergic to bee stings
- Be able to lift and move honey supers – up to 25kg in weight
- Be able to adapt according to the always changing schedule of bees.
- Be able to work long hours when necessary and sometimes with short notice.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Punctual, flexible and attentive to safety, especially when working with large operating equipment or driving vehicles.
- Have a full driving license.
Work can be inside or outside, depending upon the English weather, this can mean in temperatures up to 30 degrees C, often raining muggy and wet!
We work until the job gets done — this sometimes requires late nights or early mornings to move, load and unload bees.
We work hard and have fun while working as a team.
If beekeeping full-time sounds of interest to you buzz your C.V, along with contact details and a cover letting over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use your covering letter as an opportunity to show of all your relevant skills and experience you would bring to the role and of course, why you think you would be bee-rilliant for the beekeeping position.
But hurry applications close on Friday the 20th of April!