Honey Chipotle Chicken Tacos & Charred Corn
Have to say this was one of the best tasting dishes I’ve made! Crazy how good they were.
(Credit to @yorkshire.foody)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 chipotle pepper (from a can, packed in adobo sauce), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers)
1 tbsp Hilltop Spanish Orange Blossom Honey
- 60ml light beer - I used @Corona
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt & pepper, to season
- For serving, charred corn, flour tortillas, coriander, sour cream, pickled red onions, lime wedges & salsa.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees c (fan).
- Add the oil to a pan over medium heat. Season the chicken with chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt & pepper as desired.
- Once the oil is hot add the chicken. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until browned but not fully cooked.
- Mix together the chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, honey, & beer and whisk to combine.
- Once browned pour the sauce over the chicken and stir to coat. Transfer to the oven & roast for 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cool enough, shred the chicken. Transfer back to the dish and add a squeeze of lime juice and mix.
- Dip your tortillas in the chicken sauce and dry fry while assembling.
- Finish with your favourite toppings - we had sour cream, pickled onions, spring onions, coriander & Salsa on the side with some nachos and charred corn.