Hot Honey Pizza Buns
A soft pillowy savoury bun topped with tomato sauce, pepperoni slices, emmental cheese and a generous drizzle of Hilltop Hot Honey, I mean what’s not to love?! It’s a dream come true to have pizza for breakfast.
(credit to @niecebakes )
- 250g T55 flour / bread flour
- 1/2 egg + extra for egg wash
- 30g caster sugar
- 4g salt
- 10g active dry yeast
- 135ml water
- 10g softened butter
- 50g levain (skip this if you don't have one)
- 50g shaved Emmental cheese
- 50g tomato sauce
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
Pinch of salt & pepper
3 slices of pepperoni for each bun
Drizzle of Hilltop Hot Honey
- In a stand mixer, add all the wet ingredients and mix until the yeast dissolves. Add all the dry ingredients and mix for 5 minutes on high speed. Add the butter and mix until incorporated.
- Let the dough rest for 60 minutes (covered).
- Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces and roll them into a ball and slightly flatten them into a doughnut-like shape.
- Using a small greased ramekin, press on the dough so the centre is hollow.
- Let the dough rest for another 40 minutes
- Prepare the tomato sauce by mixing the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and herbs together.
- You may have to use the ramekin to shape the dough again at this point. Evenly spread the sauce on the dough. Dust generously with Emmental cheese and place the chorizo on top.
- Brush on some egg on the edges of the dough.
- Let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake for 14 minutes at 190C until golden brown.
- Once cool, drizzle with hot honey.