Honey Teriyaki Salmon
Can you name a better combo? 🤩 Homemade teriyaki sauce with melt-in-your-mouth-salmon! 🤤
This easy healthy-ish recipe is full of flavour and a fave weeknight go-to’s, served with nutty black rice, a quick pickled cucumber and sugar snaps.
(Credit @healthy_olivia )
- 100g black rice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 160g sugar snaps
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tbsp Hilltop Single Origin Bulgarian Coriander Honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Red chilli, diced
- Start my boiling your black rice for 30mins in salted water.
- Next slice your cucumber lengthways and remove the seeds from the centre with a spoon. Slice finely and add to a bowl with juice from half the lime, and a good pinch of salt. Leave to pickle.
- Slice your salmon into bite sized chunks, then coat lightly in the cornflour.
- Add a splash of oil to a frying pan on a medium heat and fry your sugar snaps for a couple of minutes. Once cooked, remove and keep to one side.
- Add a splash of sesame oil to the same pan and add your salmon, cooking for a few mins on each side. (Turn the chunks carefully with tongs to stop them from falling apart)
- Meanwhile make your sauce by mixing your ginger, garlic, honey, sesame oil, soy sauce and the remaining lime juice.
- Reduce the heat for your frying pan, and pour over the teriyaki sauce, making sure it coats every piece. Simmer for a couple of mins.
- Once your rice is cooked, plate it up, followed by the sugar snaps, then the pickled cucumber and finally your salmon. Finish with spring onion, sesame seeds and chopped fresh chilli. Enjoy!