Hot honey halloumi with lemon/herb risotto
"Risotto is one of my favourite things to cook. Doesn’t take that long but needs constant attention. It’s so versatile and can be a dish on its own or a side dish and it takes on so many flavours.
Kept this one fairly simple with some nice lemon and herb flavours as I wanted the halloumi to be the star. Flavoured the cheese with hot honey and chilli to give it a nice kick and a drizzle of balsamic at the end for sharpness to contrast against the creamy risotto."
(Created by @yorkshire.foody )
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 160g Arborio rice
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 100ml white wine
- Juice and Zest of 1 lemon
- Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme
- 25g Parmesan
- 160g halloumi cut into slices
- 1 tbsp Hilltop Hot Honey
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic glaze to finish
Infuse the veg stock with herbs and lemon zest and simmered on a low heat.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Fry onions on a medium heat for 5 mins until soft and add garlic. Add the rice and stir for a few minutes and makes a hissing sound.
- Stir in the wine. Reduce heat to simmer. Add stock, one ladle at a time, stirring until it is absorbed. Usually takes 15-20 mins.
- When just about cooked stir in the herbs, lemon juice and zest and cook for 1 to 2 mins more. Remove from the heat and add the parmesan. Season, cover and leave for a few minutes to rest.
- While the risotto rests, pan fry the slices of halloumi in a little oil and drizzle with honey, balsamic glaze and the chilli flakes.
Plated with some pea shoots, purple radish and garlic chives.