Grilled Miso & Honey-Marinated Aubergines
Miso makes everything taste better – especially when it’s in a quick marinade for baby aubergines, mixed with a little runny honey.
(credit to @exerciseforfood )
- 600g baby aubergines (or use a big one and cut into chip shapes)
- 1½ tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp Hilltop Heritage British Blossom Honey
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ¼ tsp sesame seeds
- Slice the aubergines in half lengthways and spread out in a shallow dish.
- Combine the miso, oil, mirin, honey, chilli flakes and ginger. Pour over the aubergines and lightly season, turning them to coat. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat your griddle pan and add the aubergines, in batches if necessary. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until tender and caramelised, basting with the marinade still in the dish as you go along.
- Arrange in a platter and scatter over the spring onions and sesame seeds to serve.