Carrot Cake With Maple Syrup & Walnuts
Top this classic carrot cake with moreish icing and chopped walnuts or pecans. Serve as a sweet treat with a cup of tea any time of the day.
(credit to @angelicadayskitchen )
- 150g self raising flour
- 150g white sugar
- 150g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 50ml Hilltop Very Dark Maple Syrup
- Red wine soaked and spiced raisins
- Grated carrots
- Zest of an orange
- Mixed spice
- Chopped walnuts
- 20ml of Hilltop Everyday Blossom Honey
- 30ml Hilltop Agave Nectar Syrup
- 75g unsalted butter
- 200g icing sugar
For the buttercream:
- Mix all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Line a cake pan with baking parchment.
- Back at 180C for 35 minutes.
- Once baked, allow it to cool on the side.
- Spread the buttercream on top and enjoy!