Butter Fried Hot Honey Prawns
Bringing you the good stuff just in time for the weekend!
(Credit @sooeys )
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- Lots of prawns
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 100g butter
- 100g cornflour
- 5 tbsp ginger sriracha
- 2 tbsp Hilltop Hot Honey
- Splash water
- Sesame seeds
- Pour a glug of soy sauce into a bowl and add 2 tsp sugar and mix.
Removing Veins From Prawns:
Remove the vein from the bottom by making an incision right from the tail to the head and the flick out the digestive tract. To remove the poop vein on the top of the prawn, slice from the head to the tail to expose the tract and remove with the top of your knife.
- Once all removed, add all prawns to the soy mix, cover and put in the fridge for 30 mins.
- On medium heat, add veg oil and butter to a pan and while heating, dredge the prawns in corn flour.
- Fry in small batches for 2 minutes on each side until golden and crisp and set aside while you cook the rest.
- Add about 5 tbsp ginger sriracha, a good squeeze of hilltop honey and a little water to a bowl and microwave for 2 times for 1 minute.
- Pour over the cooked prawns and coat them in the sauce.
- Serve over fried rice or noodles and top with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.