Honey Butter Scone
These honey and butter scones are perfect for your weekend afternoon! A combination of salted butter and honey in a light and fluffy scone, it’s the ultimate salty-sweet combination, I mean what’s not to love?!
(credit to @niecebakes )
- 167g plain flour
- 1tbsp tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 32g unsalted butter (cold)
- 12g salted butter (cold)
- 15g caster sugar
25g Hilltop British Blossom Honey
- 60ml whole milk
- Extra milk or eggs to glaze
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Add butter and salt. Rub together until crumbly and sand like.
Add sugar and mix with a spatula.
- Add milk and honey and mix with cutting motion using a spoon until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Roll out the dough until it’s thickness is 1.7cm. Cut out 8 scones using a round cutter and transfer onto baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Glaze the scone with either milk or eggs.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 200C until golden brown. Allow the scones to cool before serving.