Hot Honey Chicken With Rice
'Fully obsessed with @hilltop_honey selection, they have so many delicious and unusual honeys and they sent me some of their chilli honey to try so did this savoury dish with it and it was fricking tasty 😋'
(credit to @kate_cooks_alot_)
4 chicken breasts (about 600g), trimmed and cut into 2-3cm cubes.
2 tbsp plain flour.
40g piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated.
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped.
6 tbsp soy sauce.
5 tbsp Hilltop Hot Honey.
½-1 lemon, juiced.
1 tbsp sunflower, vegetable, rice bran or rapeseed oil.
cooked rice and steamed broccoli, to serve (optional).
- Tip the chicken into a bowl, sprinkle over the flour and some seasoning and toss until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Combine the ginger, garlic, soy, honey and half the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat and fry the chicken for 3-4 mins until lightly golden.
- Tip in the honey sauce and stir-fry for 10 mins, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Taste for seasoning and squeeze over the remaining lemon juice, if needed, then serve with rice and steamed broccoli, if you like.
Served with garlic butter fried rice and sesame pak choi.