Crispy Chickpea & Halloumi Salad
Fresh veg, green leaves, and crispy protein – what more could you want? Well, if you’re looking for a salad that’s both tasty and nourishing for the body, mind, and cycle, you’ve come to the right place.
(credit to @greener.nutrition )
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 block of halloumi
- 1 packet of kale
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1tsp paprika
- 1/2tsp cumin
- 1/2tsp chilli powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2tbsp tahini
- 1tsp garlic paste
- 1tsp Hilltop Everyday Blossom Honey
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp black pepper
Ingredients For Garlic Tahini Sauce:
Method For Chickpea & Halloumi Salad:
- Set the air fryer to 200 degrees C.
- Drain the can of chickpeas, rinse and pat dry. Place in a bowl and add the paprika, cumin, chilli powder, salt, and pepper, and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Add chickpeas to air fryer and roast for approx. 10-12 minutes – keep an eye on them periodically.
- Once the chickpeas have been added to the air fryer, rinse the kale and place in a large bowl. Massage the kale with some olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Dice the cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper and add to the kale.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, set a pan to a medium-high heat and add some olive oil.
- Slice the halloumi into 1-2 inch slices and carefully place in oil once hot. Fry for 2-4 minutes per side, or until crispy.
- Once the chickpeas are cooked, add them to the kale salad and stir.
- Once cooked, top with the halloumi and add the tahini sauce.
Method For Garlic Tahini Sauce:
- Add the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper to a bowl and stir.
- Drizzle on top of the salad, and enjoy!