Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders
Sweet and savoury flavours of honey, garlic, and soy sauce combine to create a chicken tender recipe that is completely amazing! You’ll love how easy this recipe is to make and how much your family loves it. Dinner is ready in just 20 minutes!
(credit to @yorkshire.foody )
- 1 pack of chicken thighs
- 2 eggs
- 1 pack tenderstem broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves
- Crushed cornflakes (enough to cover a dinner plate)
- 2tbs of paprika
- 3tbs soy sauce
2tbs Hilltop Organic Blossom Honey
- 2tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2tbs homemade teriyaki sauce (see below)
- 5g ginger
- Small splash of water
- 50g light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons sake
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- Cut your chicken into strips, season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika and coat in the beaten eggs, then cover in the crushed cornflakes.
- Transfer chicken tenders onto an oiled baking tray and bake in the oven at 200 for 20 minutes.
- For the teriyaki sauce, place the sugar and light soy sauce in a small pan over a low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 5 minutes until thick, add the sake and dark soy sauce and allow to cool.
- Make the garlic honey sauce - in a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, honey, sweet chilli sauce, garlic, ginger and chilli flakes if you would like. Add to a frying pan along side a splash of water. Allow to simmer until thick 5-6 minutes, once the chicken is cooked add it to the frying pan to coat in the sauce
- Meanwhile, cook noodles to instruction once almost cooked add in the tender stem broccoli.
- Once cooked drain and add to a hot wok and stir through 2tbs of teriyaki sauce.