Hot Cross Buns Baked Oats
It's that time of year, where hot cross buns are everywhere, tempting us wherever we go. I mean what's not to love about a thickly buttered hot cross bun?
(credit to @sophs_snackss )
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/2 banana
- 1 scoop (30g) protein powder (vanilla or speculoos flavour works great)
- 1tsp Hilltop Amber Maple Syrup
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1/4tsp mixed spice
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- handful of raisins
- ++ Hilltop Everyday Blossom Honey to glaze once baked
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Combine all of the oats ingredients (except the raisins) into a blender and blend until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into a ramekin, and mix through your raisins.
- Top with a couple extra raisins and make the cross using the cross mixture.
- Bake for 25 mins.
- When removed from the oven, add your honey glaze, and enjoy.
For the cross:
Mix a teaspoon of plain flour and gradually add tiny bits of water until it forms a paste.