Pear, Walnut & Brie Upside Down Honey Pastries
This upside down pastry recipe is truly one of the best tasting appetizers around! It’s slightly sweet and savoury with a little bit of everything in each bite.
(credit to @yorkshire.foody )
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 1 pack puff pastry
- 1 block of Brie
- Crushed walnuts
- Hilltop Spanish Orange Blossom Honey
- 1 egg
- 50 grams Wholegrain mustard
- 3 tablespoons Hilltop Hot Honey
- 45ml apple cider vinegar
- 45 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
Hot Honey & Mustard Dressing Ingredients:
- Preheat your oven to 200c fan.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients to a jar with a secure lid and shake to mix everything together. Put to the side in in fridge for the time being
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Remove the puff pastry from the pack and unroll.
- Cut each sheet into 6 pieces.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons of honey in 6 places on the baking trays.
- Add crushed walnuts.
- Alternate between pear slices and slices of Brie. Around 3 of each.
- Place the puff pastry rectangle on top of the fruit and honey, pressing down the edges to create a seal.
- Brush each puff pastry with an egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then carefully flip it upside down.
- Serve with a simple salad dressed in a hot honey and mustard dressing.