We went all out for pancake day this year! Perfect Sunday brunch recipe also and they look DELICIOUS.
(credit to @berrysbakes5 )
- 315g Self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp Caster sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 200ml Semi-skimmed milk
- 125ml Buttermilk
- 1tsp Red food colouring
- 200ml Double cream
- 175ml Cream cheese
- 50g Icing sugar
- 55g Blonde Chocolate
- Handful of Mixed berries
Drizzle of Hilltop Maple Blended Flavoured Syrup
- To make the batter, mix the flour, cocoa powder and sugar into a large bowl. Gradually whisk in the eggs, milk and buttermilk until smooth. Then stir in the red food colouring to create a bright red batter.
- Heat some oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, then add 2 tbsp of batter to create your individual pancakes. Fry these for 1–2 mins until small bubbles start to form, then flip and fry the other side. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Let the pancakes cool on a plate and make the cream cheese mix.
- Melt the blonde chocolate in the microwave and let it cool slightly. Add the cream cheese, double cream, icing sugar and cooled chocolate into a bowl and whip up until stiff peaks.
- Assemble your pancakes with a layer of cream cheese in between each layer. Top off with mixed berries, a dusting of icing sugar and most importantly your maple syrup.