Buttermilk Pancakes With Maple Bacon
Thick, fluffy buttermilk pancakes served the American way with glazed bacon and maple syrup. This easy pancake recipe will save your brunch.
(Credit to @yorkshire.foody)
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 240 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Streaky bacon
- Hilltop Amber Maple Syrup (glass flask)
- In a bowl, sift flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and bicarbonate, and mix together.
- In a bowl whisk together the buttermilk, egg and melted butter.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, gently incorporating it.
- Add extra butter to a pan over medium low heat. Once the butter begins to bubble, add a ladle of the mixture.
- Cook until you see little bubble appearing on the surface then flip the pancake and cook until the underside is golden brown.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon in a frying pan and drizzle with maple syrup when it’s just about cooked.
- Serve with blueberries, bacon and maple syrup.