Cheesy Corn Fritters With Hot Honey
"Things are heating up the kitchen thanks to pairing Hilltop Hot Honey with Applewood Cheese original smoky cheddar, taking these Corn Fritters to new heights for #NationalCornFritterDay!"
(credit to @applewood_cheese )
- 340ml can of sweetcorn
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of bacon- cooked and finely chopped
- 1 cup of self raising flour
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of Grated #ApplewoodCheese
Hilltop Hot Honey
- Preheat pan on a medium heat.
- Place corn kernels, flour and Cajun seasoning in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and milk. Stir until a thick batter forms.
- Add the bacon (leave some aside for topping) and Applewood cheese and gently stir to combine.
Place about 2 tbsp size mounds of the fritter mixture on pan, then flatten them.
- Cook the fritters for about 3 minutes per side, or until they're golden brown and crispy.
- Top with bacon, sour cream and drizzle with honey.