Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Pancakes
This Autumn you HAVE to try these healthy Cinnamon swirl pumpkin pancakes!
(credit to @healthy_olivia )
- 200g pumpkin purée
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 1tsp bicarb of soda
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp soft brown sugar
- 200ml milk (+ an extra splash for the cinnamon mix)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- Hilltop Very Dark Maple Syrup
- Start by making your pancake batter. In a bowl add your pumpkin, flour, bicarb, eggs, vanilla, sugar, milk and salt. Whisk together until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium to high heat and spritz with light olive oil. Pour in your batter to create 3-4 circular pancakes (depending on the size of your pan!). And cook until bubbles form - approx 5 mins. Watch they don’t burn.
- Meanwhile take a small bowl and combine 3 tablespoons of your pancake mixture with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and a splash of milk.
- Once the bubbles appear on your pancakes (see video!), add a teaspoon of your cinnamon batter and swirl it over the top. After a further minute, carefully flip your pancakes. Cook for a further 4-5 mins.
- Repeat the process until all your batter is used up. Serve your pancakes. Drizzle (or drown) your pancakes in maple syrup. And enjoy!