'A perfect breakfast at Christmas time. I first made these last Christmas Day for breakfast and everyone loved them. Sprinkled with gold glitter for added sparkle - it is Christmas after all. Makes about 8 pancakes!'
(credit to @yorkshire.foody)
- 160g self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 200ml milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Hilltop Amber Maple Syrup
- 6-8 chopped dates
- 120ml lemon yoghurt
- Handful fresh blueberries
- Extra maple syrup to serve
- Add flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder and sugar to a bowl.
- Mix the egg, syrup and milk together.
- Add to the dry ingredients and whisk until you get a smoother batter.
- Heat a little oil and butter in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add a large spoonful of batter to the pan and cook until bubbles start to form on the top, then flip and cook for a further minute until fluffy.
- Pop into a bowl and sprinkle over the dates and blueberries. Pour over maple syrup and add a spoonful for lemon yoghurt.