Halloumi Hot Honey French Toast
Let’s all appreciate this golden hour hot honey halloumi French toast!
(credit to @batfastards_ )
Hilltop Hot Honey
- Chilli flakes
- Sourdough bread
- Vanilla extract/ cinnamon
- Olive oil
- Add chilli flakes (as many as you like) to honey and heat on the hob until honey turns a red colour, then remove from heat
- Slice halloumi into thin slices and fry in a lightly oiled pan until golden
- Whisk 2 x eggs in a large bowl, with a dash of vanilla extract/cinnamon
- Dip your sourdough slices into the egg mixture for 20 seconds until fully coated
- Fry your bread for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown
- Once the halloumi is fried, toss in the hot honey mixture
- Assemble your hot honey on top of the French toast, drizzling the remaining honey on top
- Top with fresh parsley and enjoy!