This simple one-bowl recipe makes the most gloriously golden and light tea time cakes, sweetened with only honey.
If you’re looking for something new and uncomplicated to bake this weekend, why not give these a try?
(Created & shot by @bakingbreakfast )
- 75g plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 eggs
- 30ml light olive oil
- 175ml milk
- 80ml (100g) Hilltop Single Origin Bulgarian Coriander Honey
- 25g sunflower seeds
- Preheat your oven to 190°C (175°C if you’re using a fan oven) and lightly grease a 12-count mini loaf tin or muffin tin.
- Using a wooden spoon mix together the flour, ground almonds and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Break in the eggs, then add the orange zest, olive oil, milk and honey and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, and sprinkle over the sunflower seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin before removing.