Hot Honey & Maple Syrup Onion Puff Pastry
This is definitely the ultimate recipe for something sweet & savoury!
(credit to @clarybraganza )
Preparing the onions:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Place the thinly sliced onions on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the onions generously with balsamic vinegar, Hilltop Hot Honey, and maple syrup. Ensure they are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
Preparing the puff pastry:
- Lay out the puff pastry sheet on a clean surface.
- Cut the pastry into equal-sized squares, one for each onion slice.
Assembling the onion puff pastries:
- Carefully lift the pastry square and gently place it over the marinated onion slice, covering it.
- Press it down slightly so it adheres.
Bake the puff pastries:
- Brush the top of each pastry with a little olive oil for a golden finish.
- Place the assembled pastries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let the puff pastries cool slightly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and feta if desired and serve warm.