Spicy Tomato & Parmesan Noodles
These spicy tomato chili garlic noodles are ready in about 15 minutes and FULL of flavour.
(credit to @_lifeandfork_ )
1 Noodle Nest (we used flat rice)
- 0.5 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Spring Onion, thinly sliced, white separated (greens reserved for serving)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- Small Piece of Ginger, crushed
- Knob of Butter
- 0.5-1 tsp Chilli flakes (more if you want it spicier!)
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- Drizzle of Hilltop Organic Blossom Honey Honey
- 1.5 tbsp Tomato Purée
- Generous Grating of Parmesan
- Handful of Fresh Coriander, plus extra for serving
- Sesame Seeds, to serve
Spicy Tomato Sauce:
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a wok, heat sesame oil.
- Then, add the spring onion whites and sauce ingredients. Allow to fry for a few mins until fragrant and tomato purée deepens in colour. Loosen the sauce with a little starchy noodle water.
- Using tongs, transfer the noodles to the sauce and coat.
- Remove the wok from the heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Allow it to melt on top before mixing it through the noodles.
- Serve the noodles immediately with extra green onion, coriander leaves, chilli flakes and sesame seeds.