Vegan Spiced Heart Cookies
We don’t know what we’re more obsessed with… how delicious these cookies are or how cute they are!! either way, we want a fresh batch of these in the Hilltop office at all times!!
(credit to @nourishingwithsophie )
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1 chia egg (1tbsp chia seeds mixed with 3tbsp water - leave to thicken for at least 5 mins)
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 Hilltop Amber Maple Syrup
- For the heart filling: Chai spiced granola butter cashew butter ginger & cinnamon almond butter raspberry conserve.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Start by combining your dry ingredients well. add in all of the wet ingredients (except the heart fillings) and begin to mix with the dry ingredients to form a sticky dough.
- Roll out the dough into small balls and flatten to make a cookie shape.
- Press your thumbs into the middle of each cookie to create a love heart shape.
- Then, place them in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Take them out of the oven and allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Then pop some nut butter or jam into the middle of the cookies to make the hearts!
- And that’s it! enjoy.